The new face of local immigration enforcement – MRN and RAMFEL public meeting
12 Dec 2014, 13:15 - 16:00
Farringdon Room, St. Bride Foundation, Bride Lane, Fleet St, London EC4Y 8EQ
Join MRN and RAMFEL to discuss the recent shift of immigration enforcement resulting from the Immigration Act and recent enforcement action such as Operation Skybreaker. The new tactic from the Home Office places local service providers such as NHS, Registrar Offices, banks and landlords at the heart of local immigration enforcement.
These changes will increase race discrimination and exclusion to migrant and ethnic minority communities in accessing everyday services and challenge community relations between service providers and migrant and ethnic minority communities.
Join us to discuss:
- new immigration checks brought by the Immigration Act 2014– Sue Lukes, Consultant
- challenging discrimination – Barbara Cohen, Discrimination Law Consultant
- policing and immigration enforcement in London – Rita Chadha, RAMFEL
- racism and community organising – Suresh Grover, The Monitoring Group
- lobbying your MP and election campaigning – Ruth Grove-White, MRN
We want to hear from you about what is happening with immigration enforcement in your local area and discuss how to take action.
To register please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org